Travelling tittle-tattle, tall tales and shameless name-dropping by Jon ‘Don’t Call Me’ Norman

About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Super Mario

I couldn't help but smile when Mario Balotelli scored for Liverpool tonight. I half wanted Ludogorets to win. In truth, I actually cheered when they equalised. Now that is the magic of the cup! Though there's something about the sulky one though that I find really endearing.

I was working in Poland throughout Euro 2012 and so in a great position to take a few snaps along the way. My final match of the tournament was the semi-final between Balotelli's Italy and Germany. Balotelli has already scored one goal when he took control of a long pass, steadied himself and then slammed it into the net. I took the photo just as the ball left his boot. It's the best photo I've ever taken. So to mark the occasion of his first goal for Liverpool here it is.

No comments: